Whisk your sweetheart away on a surprise romantic getaway. Plan time to reconnect and enjoy quiet time together away from the daily run around. A surprise getaway can be as simple as a long weekend or a full week escapade. Plan all the details well to make the surprise come to life.
- Plan getaway dates and times. Make plans to go away for a long weekend or schedule a longer quest. Be sure to plan around your schedule as well as your sweetie’s.
- Decide if you want to go somewhere exotic and far away or if you want to stay close to home. Create a travel plan that explores a new place or a special and memorable hideaway spot. Choose a special place that has significance to you and your partner, like where you first met, or where you had your first kiss. Maybe there is there a place that your sweetheart has always wanted to go.
- Make reservations. Call ahead to make travel and hotel reservations. Look for a quaint bed and breakfast, secluded cottage or cabin or if you want a more extravagant getaway, look into staying at a full resort and spa.
- Make arrangements with friends or family to care for children while you are away.
- Make arrangements for commitments. If you or your honey are committed to something during your time away such as school, church or work, be sure to contact someone to cover for you while you are away. Remember this is a surprise so cover your tracks so that your partner doesn’t know what you are up to.
- Research a few romantic activities you can do together while you are away. Plan for sites to see, horse back riding, a romantic picnic, massages or time by the pool or beach. Try to plan things that you may both enjoy and that you can spend time doing together.
- Plan a special time to reveal the surprise to your sweetheart. Take them out for a special dinner or lunch and give them the surprise in a creative and romantic way.